Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hashem?

Ha= the/ Yah= I Am/ Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am (H#1961) hath sent me unto you."
The Hebrew for "I Am" is "hâyâh"
The I Am
Sometimes it just doesn't seem right to just say Yah seeing as it means "I Am" cause I Am not G-D thus sometimes it seems for appropriate to say HaYah (The I Am). This isnt the direct context of this Word though but does it have a double meaning (one for this context alone) cause hayah simply means " 
A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, that is, be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary): - beacon, X altogether, be (-come, accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), continue, do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-) self, require, X use."/ Seems like a more appropreate way of identifying G-D than calling him haShem (The Name)!..

No comments:

Post a Comment